Home equity loans tap the equity in your house for making home improvements, paying college tuition or handling other large expenses. For almost any need or when you want to consolidate high-interest debt, a home equity loan may be a good choice.
Comparing home equity lenders is key to finding the right one for your needs, especially as mortgage lenders have set stricter lending standards during the coronavirus pandemic. But home equity loans are still good options for borrowers who meet minimum credit score requirements and have enough equity to make them worthwhile.
Before you borrow, pause to learn more about home equity loans, including when you may want to use one. What you’ll learn here:
- How does a home equity loan work?
- When is a home equity loan a good idea?
- What are the disadvantages of home equity loans?
- Are home equity loans tax deductible?
- Which home equity loan is best?